The King of Late Night, Jay Leno has finally stepped down form NBC’s Tonight Show! Part of me is so excited about the fact that Leno is no longer going to be on my TV for the forseeable future and Jimmy Fallon will be on earlier; the other side of me is in owe of the fact that the old of TV is starting to retire.
You look at the Late Night land scape, and the only changes needed at this point is for David Letterman to step down and Craig Ferguson to take over the 12:35 spot over at CBS.
Here is my 5 Take on what Jay Leno stepping down means.
- Jay Leno stepping down brings in the younger talent to the entire Late Night Linup to NBC. Yes, Seth Meyers is older than Fallon, but the NBC line up is younger than CBS.
- Jimmy Kimmel might become the next “King of Late Night”.
- Jimmy Fallon will really be put to the test.
- David Letterman might retire in the next few years!
- The Tonight Show will be watchable.
Either way, thank you Jay!